Re: 2/4 or 3/5

From: Andre Mauboussin (andrem@webcombo.net)
Date: Sat Dec 25 1999 - 16:11:58 EST

I thought I'd share my experience with you. I lowered my 95 using 2" drop
spindles and 4" drop hangers. After much trial and error with shock
absorbers, I finally ditched the 2" drop spindles and went with the Eibach
springs and stock spindles. This will drop you about 1 1/2" in front. Right
now, the 4" drop shackles have the rear a little too low, so I think I'll
swap them for 3". I also use Doetsche tech shocks all the way around and
I've found them to be excellent compared to all others I've tried. A 2/4
drop is really too much. No matter what you do, the truck will bottom and
ride quality on anything but the most pristine roads will be bad. With the
Eibachs up front, the truck has a much sportier ride quality and it does not
bottom at all. Once I get the rear end raised back up an inch, I think I
will have the optimum combination to provide good looks, better handling and
good ride quality. Good luck (the Eibachs are a bear to install, but they
are worth it).

Andre Mauboussin
95 14.34@96.6mph