AC on while my heat is on?

From: Mtbfed@aol.com
Date: Sun Dec 26 1999 - 09:14:30 EST

In a message dated 12/26/99 12:20:17 AM Eastern Standard Time,
owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net writes:

<< My friend the Durango owner just told me that the AC turns on when you
turn
 the heat on (in any position except straight at you dash vents). I didnt
 think that mattered much but supposedly its a few MPG. Anyone know if there
 is any truth to this or a fix for it? or if it even applies to my 99
 dakota?
 - --
 Dave >>

Dave, it doesn't go on if you set it to the floor position.
So it's face only, or floor only, anything else will cycle the a/c pump.

Marc Federici
99 SLT+ CC 5.2 5sp 4x2 3.55sg