Re: Squeak, squeak, squeak(TOM!

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sun Dec 26 1999 - 11:57:04 EST

> No it's not a mouse, just my brakes but first of all; I hope everyone had
> Very Merry Christmas!
>
> Now, at 24k miles my brakes are squeaking everytime I apply them so I
guess
> it's time for new pads? I've never done them before and I'd like to have
a go
> of it. So.... what do I do?! :-) Replacing the pads looks pretty
straight
> forward but what do I look for to see if the rotor is ok? Do I need to
get a
> micrometer or any other specialized tools? Do I need to bleed the fluid
lines
> just to do the pads?

Tom,
If you can wait till tonight I will try to explain the front brake job the
best I can. I have always done the brake jobs on my Dak, and the whole thing
is really simple, especially the front end. I have an xmas party at my house
today and cant spend too much time on here until everyone is gone. Just for
you info though, the front pads lasted about 40,000 miles on my Dak, but
they could be shot on your yours.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6