MPI intake..

From: Clay Cooke (cooke@ecn.purdue.edu)
Date: Sun Dec 26 1999 - 11:44:44 EST

I finally got my Mopar Performance MPI intake in the mail the other day.
when I was looking at it I found something that might be a possible
problem...

I have heard they had problems with something in the castings, and I might
have found out what it is....

in the area where the injectors sit there are two champhered edges.....
one at the very top, and one at the very bottom...kinda like this:

        \ /
         \ /
         | |
         | |
         | |
          \___/

well on two of my injector bosses about 1/4th of the circle is missing on
the second belved/champhered edge... is this bad? will it hurt the sealing
( I dont know were the O ring seats on the injectors at all)

mind kinda looks like so:

        \ /
         \ /
            | |
         | |
          | |
          \_-_/

any help would be appreciated.... I want to get this on soon, but if this
is bad, I want to get it sent back soon...

thanks!!

Clay

84 Dodge Ram, scrappin pavement w/ 440 8bbl
96 Indy Ram, scrappin EVERYTHING w/ 360 Magnum!' -(www.indyram.org)
69 Road Runner 440 6bbl, project car

http://expert.cc.purdue.edu/~cooke