RE: Shocks

From: Neal Arita (neal@heide-cook.com)
Date: Mon Dec 27 1999 - 21:52:08 EST

>Hey peoples,

> Was changing the Fog light bulbs in my 97 yesterday, (The only
>failure to date) and saw the right front shock is leaking. Anyone
>replaced their shocks on the 97+? I am looking into the new Edelbrock
>shocks...

> Steve, 29
>Apache Junction, Arizona

>97' Dakota, CC, 4X4, 5 Speed, all the goodies 'cept anti-lock brakes,
>Mud Flaps, spare-tire lock, Step-Shields, EVSII Alarm, Gibson Single
>3" Cat-Back,Tow Hooks....

Steve, I put in the Edlebrock IAS in the front (there was no replacement
for rear)
The ears did not fit exactly though. I had to file about 1/16"
from the inside hole for the stock bolts to fit. It seemd as though the
slotted
holes on the ears were not slotted enough. Watch out for this.
I bolted the first one on without checking and thought I was
cross-threading the
bolt, but found that I was forcing the bolt in at an angle...otherwise
the shock
is OK.

Neal Arita - from Hawaii
'97 CC, 5.2L, Auto