Re: Z28 vs. R/T

From: Gordon Adams (rtgordon@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Dec 28 1999 - 09:52:38 EST

>>but NO WAY a "minor"mods car is going to beat that.

Yes, there is a way. Never say Never. I happen to have some serious first
hand experience with F-Bodies, and I know what they are capable of, but
there is always the driver.

Take Alan Short for example, granted, he has plenty of mods, but the match
up described was a serious grudge match with his brother. (don't remember if
he mentioned that) So, he had no reason to fabricate anything. I can't stand
the people who go my car will do blah blah blah, and don't even know how to
drive it. My friend with a '99 WS6 took his car out to Ennis bragging about
how fast it would go, and pulled a 14.7. You have to know some fundamental
things before you can pull impressive times in anything. In my R/T, I pulled
at least a half second off of my et just from some advice I was given, and
launching technique. A victory is a victory... No should have, could have,
would have crap. If you miss the tree and lose the race because of that...
YOU LOST!! plain and simple. Also, everyone has the right to gloat (sp?)
about a spank.

(Off my box... looking for flame suit :)

gordon