TB and electric fans Attn: Tim

From: Phil Jenkins (bugnik@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Dec 28 1999 - 16:58:37 EST

Subject: DML: Need assistance on Decision =)

Ok everyone... here is what I have decided....
I have about 200 bux of spending monie.... Shoud I
put in electric fans (i
have the underdrives (turns stock slower)
Or save a few more $$ and get a QuickD TB?
the Fan I was thinking of was the Flex-A-Lite FLX-220
(Summit)
I'm going for performance (can you tell?) I've also
heard that the TB gave
a few MPG, is this true?
Tim,
I have an F&B tb and a Black Magic fan. I've had the
tb for 2 mos. and the fan for about 2 weeks. The tb
gave me a 1mpg gain on my first tank of gas after
install. I don't know if I drove in granny mode or if
it was the tb but my mileage is back to where it was
before the tb. Others have reported gains in mpg from
a ported tb. As for the fans, the jury is still out.
It has gotten cold here and my mileage goes down in
the winter, however it doesn't seem to be dropping off
as much as last winter. As for performance I don't
have any hard numbers but after I put the tb on I had
no problem reaching the speed limiter. Wot is lots
more fun. Haven't noticed any gains from the fan. If I
had to do it over again, I'd go the junkyard route on
the electric fans. Much cheaper. Hope this helps.

=====
Phil
Havana IL
98 CC 318 Auto