Re: Re: ABS on front wheels? Opinions needed.

From: fdedip@whale-mail.com
Date: Tue Dec 28 1999 - 21:24:05 EST

I don't agree. Most people don't know how to do threshold braking- I don't. (though I'm taking a drivers safety course next week that I hope will include it. I just want to drive the skid cars) When you're in a panic stop is not the time to have to remember something like that. I've never had my ABS kick in unneedfully- its only come on a few times for me, and each time I thought "oh yeah. it IS a bit slippery out, isn't it." But on my own, it wouldn't've occurred to me until the brakes were quite locked. The rest of the time, I hit the brakes, and it stops. That's what I want it to do.
Flip