Re: Re: ABS on front wheels? Opinions needed.

From: fdedip@whale-mail.com
Date: Wed Dec 29 1999 - 02:18:09 EST

No way they'll ever let people have a switch to turn off the ABS (which does make sense offroading). You kidding? Have you seen what you have to do to get a switch installed to turn your airbag off? And those are documented to kill certain people. We're not allowed to make these kind of decisions for ourself. We are being protected from our own foolishness. We are, apparently, 5 years old.
Flip
I told my family, if I get in an accident, and am killed by the airbag, SUE for pots of money.

Maybe they should have something that works like those traction control
buttons; when you start up the car/truck it's already on, but you can push a
button and turn it off.  Actually just like OD on the Dak.
Just a thought that i guess i should write down and send off to DC, o well,

Frank WJ

http://www.care2.com - The Best of The Internet...With A Green Twist!