New Offroad Tires from Goodyear

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Wed Dec 29 1999 - 00:05:33 EST

In the February issue of Off-Road they tested the new Goodyear MT/R Wrangler
tires in the infamous Rubicon. These feature a "Patented Bead to Bead"
concept, a Patented Tread Design, Patented "Lock Tie-In Rim" Construction,
and an improved puncture resistant sidewalls. They ran the tire with as
little as 8PSI all the way upto 32PSI on the trail, and never popped a bead.
The testers praised these new tires and said nothing negative about them.
They even said "The added traction of this new MT/R tires allowed us to
climb rocks that we were unable to in the past." That is a fairly strong
statement! However, I am not a true Goodyear fan. My Dak did come with
Goodyear Wrangler AT's which lasted about 35,000 miles, and I did beat the
hell out of them and did a large portion of 4wheelin with them, but I dont
think I would buy Goodyear tires again. Since that, I have had Hoosier
Radial AT's(lasted 45,000 miles), which I loved and I am currently running
Dunlop Radial Rover RVs(36,000 miles on them and looking good), which come
in a close second behind the Hoosiers. Just thought someone might be in the
market for some new tires and might want to give the MT/Rs a try. I havent
seen any info however on their website concerning these tires,
www.goodyear.com
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6