Another 5-star experience

From: Quiktruk99@aol.com
Date: Wed Dec 29 1999 - 00:00:19 EST

I too recently had the "privelege" of dealing with a smiling yes-man of a
service writer. Walked into my local dealership to ask about getting my wind
noise looked at( I posted this problem a while ago about a wind noise over
35mph from the windshield area). He said I could make an appointment, which I
could understand as there were several people already in the waiting room at
9 AM, so I said OK, and that I wanted to take the mech for a ride to point
out the noise. Then the smiling "you'll have to leave the truck all day"
announcement. I asked why, if all they had to do was listen to a noise? Even
R&R the windshield to reseal it wouldn't take more than an hour( I've seen
mobile guys do it in 40 minutes!). His smarmy response: "That's the way I
operate". I asked if that was his policy for everyone, and he said yes, so
then I asked him why were people waiting for their cars if they're ALL
supposed to leave them all day?? "Uh.......they're here for other things"
OTHER THINGS???!!! I walked out realizing that the 5-star rating is awarded
to the best at "smiling while you f**k them over". I've decided to just live
with the noise rather than go through that again. Dodge: Love 'em AND hate
'em! That's what they mean by "different"!

Kevin / NJ
99 Black Sport+ CC(no decals) / 318 auto 2wd / 3:92 SG
OEM wheel flares / 1.5"& 2" drop / Dunlop GT Qualifiers
F&B Stage1 / MSD 6a(plugs@.050") / Mallory 8mm Prowires / Echlin cap & rotor
K & N Gen II FIPK / 180 HD t-stat / Flex-a-lite dual 12" fans( spring of '00)
JC Whitney split-rear exit cat-back / Hooker tips / Lakewood traction bars
Pace Edwards Roll-Top / Bedrug / Pop Lock
African rosewood interior kit / Wet Okole seat covers
Kenwood 140w stereo w/6 cd changer / silver DML stickers
visit my truck at: <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/quiktruk99/DARKDODGE.html">
THE DARK DODGE</A>