Re[2]: ABS on front wheels? Opinions needed.

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Wed Dec 29 1999 - 10:26:33 EST

I don't necessarily disagree with you (the offroad and washboard parts) but how
many other drivers do you know that were willing to take the time "learn" their
vehicle? I kind of like the idea of the "average" driver having 4 wheel ABS so
if they panic and slam the brakes, the 'puter takes over and brings them to a
controlled stop. I dunno, I've driven both and I've never felt that 4 wheel
ABS could outperform me in a similar rig w/out ABS in the same situation. What
I really like about ABS are those "unexpected" situations. I figure ABS could
really save your bacon when you come upon a slick spot that appears out of
nowhere... There's no way I could react as fast as the 'puter can.
My $3.18.
T.