Re: Re:18 HOUR TOWING TRIP HELP!!!

From: ZeNel1eac1@aol.com
Date: Wed Dec 29 1999 - 14:49:29 EST

Again something I did not know ,........... man there is so much crap
involved!!! Thanks Sam

Joe G

<<
 Here's another thought- You boat, will it be
 covered?? If so, is it a 'towing' cover, or just the
 standard boat cover??? A standard boat cover will
 flap, and chaff the paint/gel coat on your boat. You
 might have pulled it a short distance with that cover
 on, with no damage, but on a longer (18 hour) trip,
 you'll see the affects of the continual movement of
 the cover on the boat.

 Plan on short distances for fuel, usually 200 miles
 with my truck. Also, don't push your truck to take
 the grade at 70 mph because that's what you usually
 run. You'll find out within the first couple of hours
 what the truck will/will not do performance wise, and
 just go with that.

 Something to think about.

 Sam '00 RT >>