Re: breaking in the 4.7L engines

From: SuperNagz@aol.com
Date: Wed Dec 29 1999 - 17:10:22 EST

Ok, I'm only repeating things that I have heard about your idea... BUT I
stuck with them... better safe than sorry...

First off, I hear you are supposed to leave in the original motor oil for the
full 3,000 miles... I hear it contains a compound which helps the breakin

Second off... I have always heard that it is best to hold off changing to
synthetic's for at least 5,000 miles.

I changed my oil (regular dyno Mobil 10W-30) right at 3,000 miles, and then
to Mobil full synthetic 5W-30 (for the colder months) right at 5,000 miles.
I recommend you doing something similiar...