Re: Re: abs/threshold braking

From: fdedip@whale-mail.com
Date: Wed Dec 29 1999 - 05:34:24 EST

I asked the salesman about that when I was buying my truck (yeah,
yeah I know.) He said to just step on the brake, no pumping, so
that's what I've been doing, and it's worked fine.
Flip

   Hey, speaking of which...   I was just thinking about this
very thing yesterday...  Many Daks have rear wheel ABS, but no front
wheel ABS.  Seeing as how the fronts do most of the stopping, should
a constant pressure be applied to the brake so as to operate the
rear ABS properly, or should the old fashioned "pump" method be
used to operate the fronts properly????  Seems like no matter
which method you use, you're doing it wrong??  :-)

                                              -Jon-

  .--- stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu --------------------------------------
--.
  | Jon Steiger * AOPA, DoD, EAA, MP Race Team, NMA, SPA, USUA * RP-
SEL |
  | '96 Dodge Dakota V8, '96 Suzuki Intruder 1400, '96 Kolb FireFly
447 |
  `--------------------------- http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ -
--'

---- End Original Message ----