Re: Backfire Problem??

From: Ohm347@aol.com
Date: Wed Dec 29 1999 - 23:19:18 EST

hey paul
as my roomate ever so prophetically put it "get used to it". i've got a 5.2
98 dakota 4x4 with the 5spd and its been backfiring when you let off the gas
since day one. the first trip to the dealer produced a "we can't hear it
response". the second netted me a "they all do that" but we will lean the
motor to make it less. they did make the mistake of telling me "they all do
that" while i had a 99 ram 5.2 automatic 4x4 quad cab as a loner. bet you
can't guess who went for a nice long drive in first gear red lining and
letting off to listen for backfires. and guess what. it backfired too. not
anywhere near as bad as mine but it was their. when i got my truck back it
was definately no where near as loud(and embarassing) as it was. but it
wasn't gone like i wanted. i wish you good luck with it. i hope your dealer
does a better job than mine. if they do fix it please tell me how they did
it.

derek
ps nice choice on the cd player.