Re: abs/threshold braking

From: Bob King (k85go76@erols.com)
Date: Wed Dec 29 1999 - 23:07:31 EST

Good point! I don't see the logic in rear-wheel only ABS ( I have it on my
Dak). I think some academic genius in the engineering department (spurred
on by someone in the accounting department) probably said to him(her?)self,
"Gee! A pickup is light in the tail.....That means when a panic stop occurs
the weight shifts to the front making tail even lighter and therefore the
rear would be the first to lock up...Gosh! Better put them on the rear!"
But you're absolutely right about the fronts doing most of the work. You
can't get around it really..gotta get 4-wheel ABS or forget it.

Bob King
Pennsville, NJ