Re: Drying was Washing your car?

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Thu Dec 30 1999 - 13:21:54 EST

There are some imitators out there. I looked at a lot of the wannabees
and wouldn't use them. This one (by the makers of the California Duster)
is extremely soft.
You use no force whatsoever. You just slide it down or across the body
panels and the inverted "T" of the blade catches the water and it's off!
The structure of the silicone allows the blade to conform to the body
contours. I am very anal about all of my vehicles and they are always
clean and waxed. This blade has not left a single mark or anything. I use
the absorber on the glass to blot anything that might be left in a corner
or something, but that's it. This blade really reduces the amount of time
I spend drying my vehicles.

I highly recommend it and, no, I don't work for them and they sure aren't
paying me to say any of this. I just figure most of you spend a lot of
time trying to keep your rides lookig good and this thing really helps
and is worth the investment.

As far as TV, the only time I've seen it is on Shadetree Mechanic. There
is some chamois-like blade thing advertised on TV, but I wouldn't use it.
I only speak for the "California Water Blade." If it's not this brand
name, I haven't tried it.

HTH,
Richard in San Antonio