Re: Re[2]: Jack Points

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Thu Dec 30 1999 - 14:27:23 EST

> OK, last question on this and I'll drop it (I promise! :-)... The jack
stands
> that I have are rated at 3,500 lbs each as I bought them for my jeep where
> weight was not a big concern. These should be fine for the Kota because
they >will only be supporting from 1/4 to a worst case of something less
than 1/2 the >trucks weight, right?! I figure my truck weighs somewhere
between 4k-5k >lbs, so anyway you slice it the stands will support much less
than 3,500 lbs >each, yes?

Tom,
I would say yes you will be just fine with those, just be sure to use both
of them, not just one. I would send you out my Lincoln 5 ton stand to use,
but it might be
pricey to UPS them :)
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6