Re: RE: recommendations on MOPAR or 3rd party extras

From: fdedip@whale-mail.com
Date: Thu Dec 30 1999 - 22:45:50 EST

You should have the "Smart-Key" on your Dak. I do on my 98. Your
spare key should have come in a little plastic bag with a bar code-
info so if you have to order another key, they can get you one that's
coded right. It's not a substitute for an alarm though- I'm sure the
pro car thieves have already figured out how to get around this. And
there's no insurance break like there is for an alarm.
Flip

. Are there any
standard anti-theft devices on the '00?

On my Dad's Explorer, they skipped the alarm because it has a coded
key and
the engine is disabled if you try to start with another or without a
key.
They thought it might be the same.

Thanks again for the help,
Brian T. Carter