Re: I need help! rounded off bolt

From: N2mopars@aol.com
Date: Fri Dec 31 1999 - 16:25:01 EST

In a message dated 12/31/99 12:44:22 PM Pacific Standard Time,
taterman67@yahoo.com writes:

<< Any suggestions for removal of a rounded off bolt.
 Due to location I cant use vice grips. Its on the
 rear wheel cylinder. The bolt is just stuck. Used
 wd-40 for three days to free up rust. Didnt work.

                                      Thanks

there are two ways I use at work. One, drill it out, quite time consuming
and painstaking, but it will work. Make sure you drill straigh and right in
the center. Start witha small drill and progressively work your way up.
Next option is a stud removing socket. Its like a deep socket with three
roll pins in side. Its used for removing studs, but works on bolts too, as
its designed to remove round fasteners. The more torque you apply to it, the
harder it will grip.

Brad