Re: I need help! rounded off bolt

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Fri Dec 31 1999 - 17:15:10 EST

> Any suggestions for removal of a rounded off bolt.
> Due to location I cant use vice grips. Its on the
> rear wheel cylinder. The bolt is just stuck. Used
> wd-40 for three days to free up rust. Didnt work.

I had this problem when I just replaced both rear wheel cylinders a few
weeks ago on my, as both were leaking. Lifetime wheel cylinders were cheap,
a mere $10.49 each. Fortunately for me, I got the bolts out, barely though.
I would suggest using a propane torch; not sure if brake fluid is flammable
though...so be careful. I replaced all 4 of my wheel cylinder bolts also.
Good Luck.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6