Re: Trouble Codes

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sat Jan 01 2000 - 16:57:01 EST

At 08:36 AM 12/27/99 EST, you wrote:
>Good information, I also have a 99 CC Sport,5.2L, auto, BUT my odometer
>"switch" only has one switch not 2. I tried the above procedure and it
worked
>but got no display about "codes", just the test. I bring this up because we
>also have a 1997 Plymouth Voyager that has the 2 switches that this
procedure
>does work, during the "test" it displays "CODE", while on my DAK it does
not.
>Any thoughts?? Joe B.

Joe

I've read that others have tried the on/off/on/off/on procedure, looking at
the trip odometer (may take a while for the code to appear) and then off/on
to display the next code on their '98 Daks and they don't get anything.
This works on the '97 but OBD-II wasn't fully implemented into the computer
in '97.

My guess is that either this means that there aren't any codes to be displayed
or you need to get some type of OBD-II scan tool (or the dealer DRB) to
pull them.
Just before OBD-II was implemented, the owner of a garage told me that I would
not be able to pull codes manually with OBD-II.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.