Re: I'm baaaaaack! (long)

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Sun Jan 02 2000 - 01:03:36 EST

Hm. I'm the total opposite. I have 235/70/15s stock. Anyways. with a lower
profile series tire, i guess you lose rolling resistance. Different tires
have different rolling resistances. I think the new Goodrich Dueler A/Ts
have very little rolling resistance. Anyways.. I wanted to address a couple
things...

1)after switching to 235/60/15s. my MPGs went down about 1-2 MPG. So i know
for a fact a higher ratio means poorer gas mileage.

2) after lowering my truck 2-3, the truck got about 1 mpg back. but that's
on the highway. feels faster on the highway too....

3) i wonder what will happen after i get a stillen front spoiler.. it's
about the frontal area, but there's an extra lip on the bottom which should
help push air out of the way or maybe it pushes it into the lower radiator
section a lil better.

-Dester

<< Problem with air
 dams on the front is that you're increasing overall frontal area of the
 truck (bad for Cd.) Problem with small-diameter tires is that some people
 don't like the look (it does look a little ricey :( ). Advantage is that
 you can lower the truck without altering the suspension, and it DOES improve
 handling quite a bit - trust me on this! >>