Re: Re: Oil Capacity

From: JoeB327@aol.com
Date: Sun Jan 02 2000 - 09:06:35 EST

blackdak@twcny.rr.com writes:

> Did you run it before checking the oil level, It will be a quart too full
> until the filter fills up. Another guy had the wrong dip stick installed at
> the factory...maybe?
>
> Gary

I have the same year and engine with the same "problem". The dipstick reads
high after running the engine (meaning the oil filter is full). I was putting
in only 4.5 quarts for the first 5 oil changes. On my last oil change I did
put in the 5 full quarts, dosen't seem to have adverse affects. I am
wondering also if I have the wrong dipstick, when I get some time I'll go the
the dealer and match my dipstick number with what the parts catalog says.
JoeB.