Re: Re: Long trip in the Dakota-Canada questions

From: fdedip@whale-mail.com
Date: Tue Jan 04 2000 - 06:09:03 EST

So if you absolutely can't bear to leave CA without your gun, drop it
off somewhere along the way. You could leave it at my house, but
then you'd still have the entire state of Washington to drive through
(and about 10 more of OR), and that might just be too traumatic for
you.
I don't think you even need a birth certificate to get into Canada on
this side of the country. I've never taken mine. Last time I went
was in June, from East Glacier Montana. My birth certificate (and
passport) were still in Portland.
I embarassed myself coming back, BTW, because I forgot to downshift,
and almost stalled the Dak heading into the checkpoint. "I do know
how to drive it, really!" I told the guard, and he assured me that
it's not a driving test. (I was just excited to get across the border
and pick up my liter of Glenlivet I bought in the duty-free)
Flip

It's not you nice law-abiding Canadien DML'ers I'm worried
about, plus I carry legally in CA (yes, even in CA) and
obviously I won't have a place to drop it off at the
border, so.....  Oh well, I'll figure it out.

No passport required, right??

Enter your default signature here
http://www.care2.com - The Best of The Internet...With A Green Twist!