Re: ATTN: Lowered/Lifted trucks <long> !!!!

From: Mike D. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2000 - 15:37:48 EST

>>>maybe there are laws in your state that
prevent the insurance company from selling him insurance because it's WAY
too
low.<<<

well, today I called my insurance (Geico) and asked them why they won't
cover a lowered truck. They said something along the lines of "It's not
at factory height and specs. When you hit someone the impact hits your
vehicle higher or lower than the the vehicle was designed to take the
impact, so more damage is done to both vehicles which leaves us, the
insurance company, open to large law suits."
Since people will sue for anyhing these days, I can see where they are
comin' from... sorta'... still pretty stupid... She told me that a lot of
people say "It was low and I didn't see it... I pulled out infront of him
because I didn't see him.. because he was low" and other shit like that.
If someone thinks they can put the blame on someone else for their lack
of intelligence, they will, and accoding to the insurance companies,
lowering your truck/ altering your suspension just gives them fuel....

I mean, if you are a responsible driver, the height of your vehicle
doesn't affect the way you drive so you shouldn't be punished. It works
both ways, however.... and the thing that sucks is that people
automatically think you are a punk if you drive a lowered truck. I catch
shit from people who don't even know me because I roll in in a low truck.
I've had mechanics turn me away, I've had oil change places refuse to
work on it, and a wheel alignment... forget it....
I don't "drive like a punk" (read: agressively). I drive like I'm in no
hurry to get where I'm going... because I'm not. Yeah, I'll out tha'
spank down when it's necessary, but I don't exceed the speed limit by any
more than 5 mph, I use my signal, I say excuse me when I burp, I keep my
elbows off the table... oh... whoops... anyway... I just hate the fact
that other people have to ruin it for everybody...as usual...
okay... rant over....

-mike d.

---> Yorktown, Va.
miggitymike@juno.com
88 6er LE, lowered, modded, and painted =)

http://members.xoom.com/dakotaperf/index.html