Re: This is scary...

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Thu Jan 06 2000 - 14:40:12 EST

At 11:01 AM 1/5/00 , you wrote:
> Hmm well unless they wanna put it in ym Dakota for free, the couldn't
>stop me... Even if they did, I would jsut make it turn a light on in my
>Dakota ro somthing, rewiring is a BREEZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> Greg

It would be nice if they were that shortsighted, but do you *really* think
that if this ever happens that they are going to have it where anybody with
a pair of wire cutters and a roll of electrical tape can disable the
system? And who do you think is going to come a-knocking on your door the
first time they push the button and your car don't stop?

I know there's no way anybody will ever convince the black
helicopter-government conspiracy-paranoia crowd that this is not on the way
to reality, but I will be surprised if we ever see this, mainly because of
the legal ramifications of cutting power to a vehicle as it's going down
the road. Most people have enough problems keeping control of their vehicle
under normal, familiar conditions. I shudder to think how they will react
as they're driving down the road talking on their cell phone and everything
suddenly goes dead. I know that the first time they cut power to mine it's
going to "cause" me to "have an accident" resulting in "great debilitating
pain" to my already "bad back". Anybody got the phone number for Jackie Chiles?

Mike Crumley 97 V6 Auto
mail to: mcrumley@airmail.net

"When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the
one I've never tried before." --Mae West