Re: ____Best replacement performance muffler?

From: George Hernandez (georgeh@tocquigny.com)
Date: Thu Jan 06 2000 - 14:53:05 EST

Actually fluid dynamics is the study of fluid motion, wether it be a gas or a
liquid. I still think Flowmasters are designed for sound and not performance. If
a dyno test is what you want I gained 5hp and 8ft/lbs at the RW when I switched
from a flowmaster 30 series (1)3" in (2)2.5"out to a hooker Maxflow. It may
have been the dual out set-up which was killing me but I think a flow test will
be more than sufficient to sway my brand opinion.

Not to sound like a jerk, but If too much hp and torque is overkill than I am
Mr.overkill:) If a dyno test is waht you want than I will front up the money for
it (the runs) if someone can get me the mufflers, preferabley 3" in 3" out. As
soon as I get my headers in I will install them and build the cat back. I will
slip fit the mufflers for quick swapping and get some hard data.

The flow test is free though so I will be glad to do that immedeitely. I'll be a
monkey's uncle if the flow test doesn't match the dyno test :)

--
George Hernandez
Tocquigny Advertising + Design