Re: Re: Timing Chain Suprise

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Thu Jan 06 2000 - 17:52:00 EST

Were you losing power or something? Why do you think it was bad? My 97
dakota is running messed up timinig right now. I have all the parts, if my
damn boss didn't call a mandatory meeting today, then I would have done it
tonite.

couple questions for you guys out there. Napa was out of the 97 dakota
timing chain gasket sets, so they gave me a set for 96. will that work?

also. How much more time do you think it'd take if I were to take the
manifold and heads off and do a cam while I was at it?

-Dester

<< Rich,
 How hard was it to replace them chain/sprockets/gaskets/seals on the entire
 job? I know all the parts are around $120, fairly cheap. Paying a garage to
 do the job, and adjsut the timing, is the expensive part, this is why I am
 contemplating doing it myself and also learning alot doing so. My Dak has
 116,000 miles on it and I want to do it soon, just not sure if I should try
 to do it yet.
 Kyle
 93 Dakota 4x4 V6