Re: Timing Chain Suprise

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Sat Jan 08 2000 - 03:26:50 EST

hm.. Napa. 97 dakota v6 timing chain (if you really need part numbers, I'll
go look at it)
55 bucks
timing gasket set : 10 bucks

total. about 70 bucks in parts. no tensioner or oil (i get oil and oil
filters free at work! hehe)
-Dester

PS. I'm going to do this on next Sunday. Could you give me some tips on
this? like
what needs to be removed? waterpump, serpentine belt, crank pully, harmonic
balancer?

I know about the oil pan front bolts, but how do you get the timing cover out
of there? AND... Is there anything you would have done if you had to do it
again??

<< Remember these are dealer numbers and I know many auto part stores in my
 area carry most of the parts, and cheaper at that. I have called around and
 found all the above parts for around $120. As far as the V6 Timing Chain
 Tensioner is concerned, look at this website for additional TSB info on
 them: http://dodgeram.com/technical/TSB97/09-07-97/09-07-97.html
 Kyle
 93 Dakota 4x4 V6