Re: RE: Re: Timing Chain Suprise

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Thu Jan 06 2000 - 21:30:21 EST

I've read up on the procedures on doing the timing chain. It says remove the
front two oil pan bolts/screws. What's the correct way to pull the timing
chain cover from it then? Also. did you drain your coolant too? or did you
just kinda tie the lines out of the way and keep what's still there?

Since I work at Valvoline. I'm just gonna fill it back up with water for a
couple days, and when I have time, bring it to work and do a full coolant
flush. hope the weather doesn't go below 32 though. I'll probably have to
wait until it's a lil warm out.

-Dester

<< I still have the water pump and timing cover off. I'm cleaning everything
 up and painting the covers before I reinstall them. If you think of any
 more questions, just give a hollar.
 Rich