RE: Re: RE: Re: Timing Chain Suprise

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@GD-WTS.COM)
Date: Thu Jan 06 2000 - 19:19:08 EST

Kyle,
Sounds like you are the man for tools, wow!!! I don't work real fast, and
it didn't help being the first time I ever did this. I was definetly
breaking new ground here, so if you take out the time I spent figuring out
how and what I was doing (only part of the time), I would say figure a good
week. If you know what your doing going in, you'll do better. This is for
changing the cam, springs & retainers, rockers & pushrods, and an M1 intake.

I'm not finished yet. I ran into a clearance problem with the Mopar roller
rockers. Looks like they are going up for sale. Going to have to order a
different set to work with my springs and retainers.
You mentioned a new chain tensioner. My 318 doesn't have one. Is this a V6
special item? Just curious. As far as the oil change goes. My manual
mentions using a crankcase conditioner for at least 500mi. I'm going to
dump my Mobil-1 back in and probably this conditioner if I can find it.
After running the 500mi. figure, I'll change it to get rid of any gasket
crud that may have snuck in from scraping off the old gaskets and to
definetly get rid of any burr or filing debris. It is definetly a learning
experience. Let us know how you make out when you do it.
Rich
P.S. If you find you have "to many tools" let me know, I'll send you my
address. :'B