Re: Alpine is the BEST

From: J.D. Forinash (foxtrot@cc.gatech.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 07 2000 - 10:28:38 EST

On Fri, Jan 07, 2000 at 08:53:16AM -0500, DICEMAN469@aol.com wrote:
> Personally I prefer Pioneer. Ever since a buddy gave me a hand-me-down, two
> shaft radio that pulled in stations from Delaware (I live in NY) I've stuck
> with them true. I recently replaced my older 7400R with a new Pioneer Premier
> 900R (their flagship). You have to see this radio to truely appreciate it.

This is one of the reasons I've been fond of the stock Mopar units in the
past, but I may have to change my mind WRT the one in my Dakota R/T.

The stock AM radio in my 1970 Fury (30 year old technology!) impresses the
heck out of me-- I was in the RTP area of North Carolina, trying to find
a radio station, and stumbled across a radio station claiming to be WCBS.
I thought, "WCBS is in New York City! What dope are these guys smoking?"

...Then they gave me the traffic report, mentioning places like the
Tappan Zee bridge...

The one in my Dakota R/T gives great sound from CD, and good sound from
the radio, but is really weird about when it can pull in a radio station.
I sometimes have problems picking up 96 Rock in my apartment complex-- and
I live a mile or so from the transmitter. In Suburbia, it's great, but
in town, it has troubles separating out radio stations from noise.

Unfortunately, I've also grown fond of having steering wheel controls
for the radio, and I'm not sure if anyone makes a decent replacement
that talks to the ones on the steering wheel-- anyone found one?

--
--J.D. Forinash (foxtrot@cc.gatech.edu) / '69 Coronet 440, yellow, 318
The more you learn, the better your    / '70 Fury III 'vert, mostly white, 318