Re: Rustproofing...again!

From: Frank Johnson (frankwjohnson@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 07 2000 - 13:27:43 EST

Well, there are already "little holes" in the body panels in various
different parts of all vehicles. In oil-spraying/rustproofing they do
undercoat the underside of the vehicle as well as shoot some of the spray
into these afore-mentioned little holes in the body panels. This coats the
inside of the panels to reduce the chances of rust forming.
It doesn't guarantee against rust, but the companies that do the job will
usually guarantee it by replacing rusty panels. The thing is most people
don't take them up on their guarantee, so maybe they pay to replace the
rusty panels on 1 car out of 100, big deal since they've got all this money
from 99 other people to have their cars rust-proofed.
Just my opinion and observations on the subject.

Frank WJ