Re: Truck boxes (attn: Kyle)

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Fri Jan 07 2000 - 12:18:15 EST

> Kyle-
> I think it was you a while back that had a Contico truck box that you were
> thinking about having replaced since it had a lifetime warranty. Did you
> ever get this done? Just wondering. I've got one that is going downhill
> quickly.

Yes it was me. I have the Contico Pro Tuff Series Tool Box(HD61), which does
carry a lifetime warranty, everything is covered. Not bad for the $99 I paid
for it some 4 years ago! I simply took the box back to where I go it from,
Wal-Mart in my case, and they ordered me a new one(didnt have it in stock at
the time). Two weeks later I had my new one with no questions asked. I know
the Contico Tuff Box Series only has a 5 year warranty, so make sure you
have the Pro Tuff Series. The reason I know mine sagged was becuase I simply
mounted the box on the bed rail, and not the front rail on the bed, under
the rear slider. So there was no support for the entire length of the box,
this time, when I remounted the new one, I was sure to sit the bex on the
front bed rail. The new one I received had some nice upgrades also, new and
nicer locking mechanism along with nicer door/lid supports. Good Luck!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6