Alpine CD players

From: cniwranski@reid-crowther.com
Date: Fri Jan 07 2000 - 12:00:48 EST

Okay, I'll put my .02 on this thread. I have an Alpine 7930 CD player
that I bought in summer of 96. Love it! It's got a volume knob and
sub-leve control which are my favorite features. It was one of their
better decks at the time, and have never had a problem. Before this one,
I had an Alpine 7801 CD for 6 years, and only in the last year or so was
it giving me problems. What a beautiful deck that was! Similar in style
to the 7909. I loved the vacuum flourescent display it had, rather than
the basic LCD display. My buddy bought the first-generation 3 disc
in-dash around 1992 and he still has it, and it still works.

Anyway, I trust Alpine and their CD players. They make some ones on the
lower end of the scale, and I stay away from cheap stuff, no matter what
the brand. Their higher-end stuff is excellent, and I may always have an
Alpine head unit.

Chad Niwranski
99 Dakota R/T Club Cab
Black/agate, yellow accents