Re: Timing Chain Suprise

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Fri Jan 07 2000 - 12:10:07 EST

> Who is considering doing this as well besides me?? Anyone got part numbers
>to do it on a V6?? I remember a V6er mentioning wanting to do it...was it
you > Kyle?? See if you can pass along that information to me if/when you
decide >to go ahead with it.

> Alot is at stake I would imagine if my timing belt went with a SC
connected
> to the motor. Can you say "Grenade"??

Well that is one good thing about our Daks, the fact that it is a timing
chain and not a timing belt, which is more prone to breakage. I had a timing
belt break on my Plymouth Colt 4cyl. going 75mph on the highway and wow that
was an experience, and close to $1700 damage(under warranty, but never drove
the same after getting repaired)!! As far as the parts and numbers, here is
what I have compiled so far, for my 93 V6 atleast:
83507095 Timing Chain/Sprocket Package(2)
53021057 Timing Chain Case Gasket
04483757 Water Pump Gasket(1992-1997)
4897297AA Front Case Seal Package(1992-1997)
53021195AA Timing Chain Tensioner
53021057 Gasket-Engine.......What gasket would this be? Oil Pan?
Coolant
4 Quarts of Oil
Oil Filter
Remember these are dealer numbers and I know many auto part stores in my
area carry most of the parts, and cheaper at that. I have called around and
found all the above parts for around $120. As far as the V6 Timing Chain
Tensioner is concerned, look at this website for additional TSB info on
them: http://dodgeram.com/technical/TSB97/09-07-97/09-07-97.html
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6