Re: Alpine is the BEST

From: Mike D. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Fri Jan 07 2000 - 20:06:44 EST

>>1 and another uncle (whom owns a 95 legend coupe) got the 3 disk in
dash
changer (can be seen on bernd's site) and also. nothing has gone wrong
with
them. I find they're very reliable decks. <<<

I've heard of a lot of reliability and technical probs with the 3 disc...
I love the sound of the Alpines, but I'm so friggin' tired of payin' to
get em' repaired and havin' a hole in my dash for weeks at a time... I
wish Alpine had customer support worth a damn, then I'd be less pissed...
maybe Alpine knows what their product is worth =(

I talked to a dude who is an Alpine Rep and I asked him about why my
decks keep fallin' apart. He said that after a couple years with a
contract with Ciruit City, they couldn't make em' fast enough. The nice
internal parts take longer to get, so they started using some cheaper
easy to get parts to fill the orders, so a lot of units ended up suckin'
much ass. He said the newest series of Alpines are the highest quality
they've had out so far... I'll beleive it when I see it... sorry to be so
negative, but I been burned twice on Alpine and am getting sick of
puttin' up with lack of customer support and a poorly built product. Mine
won't even play some of my CD's anymore.... =\

-mike d.

---> Yorktown, Va.
miggitymike@juno.com
88 6er LE, lowered, modded, and painted =)

http://members.xoom.com/dakotaperf/index.html

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.