Re: Re: DML Digest V4 #1367

From: SS454454@aol.com
Date: Sat Jan 08 2000 - 01:39:42 EST

In a message dated 01/08/2000 6:21:58 AM !!!First Boot!!!, Hvcamaro@aol.com
writes:

<< about the engine size talk (5.9 4.8 and 454)
 torque is great..but HP wins race's and since hp is a measurement of torque
 at a given RPM,a giant torque figure with low HP numbers indicates a
 cyclinder fill problem at higher RPMs.. >>

HHHMMMMMM thats why there is that one dealer in the mid west putting out
dodge diesels with 700 ft lb of torque and theire doing qt miles in 13 sec .
thats out of a diesel and we all know diesels dont put out huge rpm numbers.
My 454 in my dually was rated at 210 hp but 440 ft lb of torque. you were
saying about hp, yeah its great to have high hp #. take a 4 cyl. lets say a
2.0 litre honda motor. small motors dont make torque. Now go driving at 70
mph. take a torque making motor and the honda. see which one will speed up
faster. the torque producing motor will speed up faster. so again torque is
what gets you moving
Rob