Re: Sticker removal

From: Ohm347@aol.com
Date: Sat Jan 08 2000 - 02:56:27 EST

In a message dated 01/07/2000 5:26:18 PM Pacific Standard Time,
t_strawderman@hotmail.com writes:

<< How does one go about removing the "Dakota Sport" stickers from the doors?

 Thanks for the help. >>

a lot of patience and a fingernail worked for me. heating the sticker with a
heat gun did not. the sticker on the tail gate was a breeze(thicker). tried
lighter fluid, didn't work, nail polish remover, nope. my roomate
suggested lacquer thinner, i told him i liked having paint on the doors. in
the end it was a fingernail to get it started and a thumb to remove the glue
left behind after the vinyl pulled off. blowdryer would have probably worked
better than the heat gun i used. was afraid i would burn the paint.
i hope someone can give you a better suggestion than this. if not your thumb
is going to be sore.
derek
98 dakota sport+ cc 4x4 5.2 5spd shaved(blistered thumb)