Re: Roller Rocker 101

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Sat Jan 08 2000 - 15:08:58 EST

> Could you please explain more on this one?
> >You have to bring each cylinder up in the firing position(remote starter
> >device), insuring both valves are closed.
>
> Jason

If you know what number cylinder you are on, rotate the engine until both
rockers are in the relaxed position. Check the piston bore thru the spark plug
hole and insure the piston is all the way up on the firing stroke.
A simple way to do this:
Mark the crank pulley at Top Dead center on #1 cylinder.
Use this mark to make 3 more marks around the pulley at 1/4 intervals.
There should be 4 evenly spaced marks around the pulley.(you can use chalk or a
marker)
Satrting with # 1 firing, indicator on the first mark, perform the rocker swap.
Rotate to the next mark and do #8, rotate to the next mark and do #4, next mark
#3, etc.6-5-7-2. You will use each mark twice for a total of 8 cylinders.
Does this sound right to everybody?
I've setup engines like this and they've started up and run first time you key
it.
             Alan S.