Re: Re: Over filling the Power Steering Reservoir

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Sun Jan 09 2000 - 20:36:20 EST

Tom:

The power steering pump on my wife's 95 Intrepid went out and since I had
gotten the extended warranty for it, I had her take it to the dealer to
be replaced. They overfilled the reservoir and it, too, "puked" that oily
stuff all over the carport floor.

I had her take it back in and I spoke with the service (yeah, right)
manager about it to get it done right this time and to let him know that
if anything went wrong, he could replace it all again under the warranty.
It's been fine for over a thousand miles, so I guess you'll be ok, too.

HTH,

Richard in San Antonio

On Sun, 09 Jan 2000 18:52:46 -0500 fawcett@uism.bu.edu writes:
>Hehehe... "My power steering pump puked"... Very apt description!
>:-) Thanks
>for the piece of mind, I'll clean up the mess and check it later in
>the week to
>make sure the level stays in spec.
>Tom

>_________________________________
>

>Tom
>I did this one time before, and after I added it I thought my power
>steering
>pump took a puke because there was some power steering fluid all over
>the
>ground, same area as the pump it lcoated. I checked all the hoses and
>
>fittings, but they were all tight. It never leaked again, so I just
>assumed
>it came back out of the cap or somewhere else, but to this day it
>hasnt
>leaked or 'burned' any fluid. I think you will be ok.
>Kyle
>93 Dakota 4x4 V6

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.