Re: Over filling the Power Steering Reservoir

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sun Jan 09 2000 - 18:26:59 EST

> Like the sign says, I over filled it and the only reason I am sharing this
> achievement with y'all is to find out if the pump/reservoir has a pressure
> release valve or if I broke something.
>
> There is fluid all over the place but the level has "corrected itself" and
> seems to be holding steady. I couldn't find any hoses loose or split and
it
> didn't seem to come up around the cap so I'm hoping there is a pressure
>valve somewhere and all I have to do now is clean up the mess... Anybody
>know fer sure?

Tom
I did this one time before, and after I added it I thought my power steering
pump took a puke because there was some power steering fluid all over the
ground, same area as the pump it lcoated. I checked all the hoses and
fittings, but they were all tight. It never leaked again, so I just assumed
it came back out of the cap or somewhere else, but to this day it hasnt
leaked or 'burned' any fluid. I think you will be ok.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6