Re: Re: 4.7 SLT outruns the R/T 5.9?

From: SuperNagz@aol.com
Date: Mon Jan 10 2000 - 17:20:39 EST

I don't think this whole string of arguments is necessarly R/T vs. non-R/T.
It is 360 vs. 4.7L

Therefore, your attack against the R/T for not being an off-road vehicle...
and the attack against it's towing capacity isn't damaging. I could care
less, I bought my truck as a sport truck... I will never take it off road...
and I will never tow anything with it.

If you were to put the 360 in a Dakota without the R/T suspension... say.. a
4x4 setup... they it would run circles IN THE MUD, around a dinky 4.7L.

Also, we all know the low-end torque of the 360 would dominate the high
revving 4.7L when it comes to towing.