Re: Is my headlight switch going bad or what?

From: ScottH216@aol.com
Date: Tue Jan 11 2000 - 11:15:40 EST

<< Ok the problem I am having is when I cut my headlights
 on my dash lights go out. Several times I have turned
 them on and off a few times and the dash lights come
 on. Is the switch bad or what? >>

The switch assembly that controls the headlights also rotates to control the
brightness of your guage lights. Try twisting it back and forth a few times,
you may had some crud built up on the electrical contacts and this could
loosen it. If that doesn't fix the problem, you could always take it apart
and spray in some contact cleaner, but by that point you might as well just
replace the switch. I don't know how much disassembly it involves, but on my
68 Camaro you have to take off the bezel, then pull the switch out from
behind the dash...

Scott
'94 318
<A HREF="http://members.aol.com/McKennaRacing/">McKennaRacing.com</A>