Re: Fluctuating guages

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Tue Jan 11 2000 - 13:51:18 EST

ScottH216@aol.com wrote:

> << When I sit
> in idle for longer that 30 seconds the temperature guage starts moving
> towards Hot. But when I start moving and pick up speed the guage goes back
> down. >>

Check the coolant level, it might be low.
The water pump has a place where the heater hose attaches on the drivers
side, they're notorious for leaking around the slip fit. There is only a
small o ring to seal this, so they leak.
If it IS leaking around there, you can drain the coolant, unbolt & pull
the heater tube out, wipe a little dab of silicone sealant aroung the o
ring and reinstall it.
           Alan S.