Re[4]:Re: LSD

From: Nate Johnson (natedak2k@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jan 11 2000 - 15:18:24 EST

Oh I believe you! I think what he's getting at is the higher gears
(numerically) are more "torqueie" if you will. This causes them to "break
loose" a little easier then if you had the 3.55's. Am I thinking right
there tom?

>The 3.90 gears that I had (back then)...and used in the Snow (Lassen,
>Shasta, Tahoe, Bear Valley, and Squaw Valley) worked just fine. Don't
>know
>what you're getting at. I'd rather have the 3.90's on slippery stuff
>than
>the 3.55's anyway. Less power required to move the vehicle with 3.90's
>or
>4.10's than with 3.55's.
>
>(And you can see the difference with the spreadsheet on my site if you
>don't believe me.)

- Bernd

=====
Nate, Ogden UT
00 Dakota CC 4X4, LSD, 3.92 Rear, 4.7L/287ci, Po'boy cold air w/ K&N, Forest Green, Extang BlackMax Tonneau
"D2K"