Re: swirl marks/detailing?

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 08:42:21 EST

Steve:

Yes, I remember your original pix well. They made me decide to get the
Zaino seeing how it looked on your truck, picking up the contrails and
all. I think you and I are very similar when it comes to the appearance
and what we'll do to keep it great.

I agree with you on white. It just don't shine like any other color.

Anyhow, something I am really impressed with is the California Water
Blade as opposed to any chamois or the absorber or whatever. It's made of
medical grade silicone which is extremely soft and flexible. I guess
there's a lot of that in California; they seem to use silicone for a lot
of things out there. I have seen no ill effects on the surface of my
truck and have used it at least once a week since July. If you get a
chance to try one, please let me know what you think.

Keep 'em dazzling!!

RIchard in San Antonio

On Tue, 11 Jan 2000 22:52:38 -0700 "Steve Strigle" <strigle@home.com>
writes:
> First off I'll confess to being someone that spends way too much time
> taking
> care of my vehicles. Some might remember me as the guy that had my
> black
> SLT's body reflecting more than the tinted glass did. Before I
> really went
> nuts with the wax I showed off a very clear reflection of myself
> taking a
> picture of the truck in the trucks door. I regret not just
> ordering a
> black RT to replace my slt.. My white shines more than most dark
> colors,
> but my black turned more heads when it was clean.
>
> First off NEVER use a commercial car wash. The commercial pressure
> washer
> is okay, but don't use their soap or waxes because it will dull
> your finish
> over time. Since you have a black truck don't even think of using
> anything
> like the California duster. Clean it with a good soap (mothers,
> meguires,
> zaino, or zymol) always top off a wash with a quick detail style
> shine
> (Z-6). Use only Zaino, or Zymol to wax your truck. Invest in a
> really
> large high quality chamois to dry your truck/windows, and a big
> fluffy
> (fabric softener free) white cotton towel to remove the wax/polish.
>
> Steve '00 Dakota CC RT (white)
> strigle @home.com

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.