Re: Re[3]:Re: LSD

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 11:15:20 EST

Sorry if this is has already been posted before. I discovered
that my email service was down around 8 a.m. I'm just starting to
get emails around 10:30 am. Probably lost a lot and those that I sent
didn't get through.

At 02:57 PM 1/11/00 -0600, you wrote:
> <snip>
>It's just easier to start with (Numerically Higher) gears. Easiest way to
>explain that is this:
>Try starting with 2nd gear on a slippery road...then try 1st gear and see
>which one causes the wheels to spin. Same theory as with 4.10:1 vs. 3.55:1.
>- Bernd

My experience is that starting off in 2nd gear under these conditions is
least likely to cause the wheels to spin than starting off in 1st.

First gear is shorter (higher numerically) than 2nd gear in transmissions.
Wouldn't this be opposite to the 4.10 vs 3.55 theory?
Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.